August Showers.

Monday 5 August 2024


It's really crazy to me just how fast august has come around, I still feel like it's only March but in the space of 7 months I have achieved so much and been so busy which I'm not mad about, right now I'm sat writing a game review for a short game I was given and lapping up the sound of rain coming down, It's done nothing but rain which has been the biggest pain ever, I wasn't able to go Polly Joke but James and I have had some beautiful trips out relaxing and making memories. The rain has also killed off more of my plants, I have tried my best in removing as much water from pots and keeping some of them in my greenhouse but alas sometimes things just don't work out. I do have plenty plenty of water in the water butt for when we have no rain though!

Did you know it's Marine week from July 22nd to August 6th, it's a celebration of all things marine that happens annually in the Uk. I live right by the sea, I'm very lucky to be able to have access to local beaches and live my life here, it can be expensive due to being a tourist spot but when we finally get that space to ourselves its so wonderfully quiet and pretty. I thought I would add a few pics I took from the beach of some sea/marine life for you all to see, Some are jellyfish which do unfortunately sting, I however, have never been stung by one and I want to keep it that way.



The image below is of anemone's, there are many different kinds in the world and these ones we found were hidden under rocks in the rock pools on Porthpean beach. There are 1,000 different types across the globe that some in various shape, colours and sizes. These ones look like jelly! The coolest thing I learnt about Anemone's is that they're named after a flowering plant due to how they look, as a plant lady this made my heart very happy!  We found many crabs, some tiny, some angry but all very crabby! There are over 4,500 different types of crab which are also known as a type of crustacean. There are some very creepy and scary, they're harmless though the worse they can do to you is give you a pimch. I used to go crab fishing in Looe back when I lived in Liskard, I also spent hours fishing with my stepdad which was many years ago now. 


Marine life is just as important as saving the bees and tree and greens in this world, the sea and the creatures in it serve a huge purpose in this life. Marine organisms but mostly Microorganisms produce oxygen and sequester carbon, the ocean is like a big biological carbon pump, both land and sea are a huge part of our survival, it generates 50% of the oxygen we need to survive. Yet we humans are set on destroying this world, it makes me so sad to think of what will be left here for my future generations to come. We need to change our ways. 


Overall these last couple of months may have been hectic and brought a lot of changes, but they haven't dampened my spirit. One of my lovely friends from IG was getting rid of duplicate patches they had and sent me them along with the sweetest card and treats. I'm so blessed to have made the friends I have from my love of nature. I hope to never lose my love for it.



Don't forget to water your garden

°❀⋆.ೃ࿔*:・ʚɞ ⁺˖ ˖⁺ ʚɞ

Comments