
I'm not going to do a long post talking all about my life and memories, so you have to scroll right to the bottom for the recipe because that's annoying. Instead, let's get down to it:

Ingredients:
- 180g softened butter
- 180g caster sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 180g self-raising flour
- 50ml of milk
- 2 tsp of vanilla extract
- 250g of jam - any flavour you want
- 25g of desiccated coconut
- Cake tin
- baking paper

Method:
- Preheat the oven to 180C or 160C fan. In a bowl, mix the butter and caster sugar until it's pale and creamy.
- Add in the 3 eggs, flour, milk and vanilla extract and mix until it's well combined. I do this with a whisk instead of a hand mixer, as I don't like to overmix the sponge.
- Pour into a lined baking tray and put in the oven for 30 minutes.
- Poke it with a skewer or knife to see if it's done inside; if not, cook for a little while longer until it's clean.
- Once it's done, leave it to cool down, take it out of the tin and add the jam on top, spreading it evenly, then add the desiccated coconut on top. I cut mine into 9 squares; you can serve it as is or with custard.


I hope you all enjoy it as much as I did!

Treat yourself
°❀⋆.ೃ࿔*:・ʚɞ ⁺˖ ˖⁺ ʚɞ
Comments