Healthier & Happier

Tuesday 2 July 2024


Now don't be deceived by the title, I may say healthier but I mean in a weight sense not my chronic illness and other issues I have faced. I have tried everything when it comes to my weight and as hard as this is for me to admit I did have a binge eating problem to the point where food had become much more than just a comfort for me. It was very hard for me to open up about this and when I told my friend Jas I felt like a weight had been lifted. She helped me realise that I have this it doesn't have me and I have already overcome it as well as helping with advice with my diet and exercise, she's been a rock for me. It's been a long time since I've binged on food and even now if I do "over eat" I don't see it as bad thing anymore.

So what is that El? Well I started a Calorie deficit, usually women eat around 2,000 to 2,400 calories a day depending on height and age and other factors but for me I've reduced mind to 1,800. This may seem like an extreme amount but it's actually perfect for me, right now I've actually had to go back to my normal diet (for personal reasons). You're not meant too stay in a Calorie deficit for too long and it's important to take breaks anyways although this is more than just a break for me. I've tried many diets, and each worked at first, but I always ended up putting some back on. With the change i made, I'm not left hungry, I can still eat a lot within that deficit and I'm able to enjoy food the way I want. I've had BBQs within my deficit and thought I was eating too much, turns out that wasn't the case. Even on days I over eat it's not a bad thing, it doesn't mean my "diet" is ruined and I should carry on over eating it just means it was one day out of many I went over, I just carry on with what I'm doing and the scales show the results.


I'm using My Fitness Pal to track all my foods, it's been a big help in setting my goals and my calories for each day. One thing I do need to mention, it can be very easy to getting addicted to cal counting and weighing yourself, I myself only weigh in once a week and record that weight otherwise I know I will get carried away. As for cal counting, I'm in control of what I'm doing and try to be mindful when it comes to how many calories something has. For example some foods I eat I've assumed are low cal but turn out not to be and realise that I can only fit a small portion of this meal into my cal intake so instead I will switch to something healthier, and much more filling.

It's not just diet alone that's helped me, it's important to move my body in some kind of way and one of my friends actually put together a plan for me to help with that. Not only has it worked but I'm stronger than I have ever been. It just goes to show an hour out of your day moving your body to better yourself is nothing, sure some days I don't want to or can't do anything but I try my best, I feel like using excuses not to carry on with this journey will turn me into one of those people who promise themselves every new years they will lose weight. The past 4 years my weight loss has been consistent even if I did gain I was still losing. I'm now at the point where I've found what works for my body and sticking with it is the norm for me now.

With exercise I've found that cardio doesn't do anything for me, having a hormonal condition makes it hard to lose weight and I've found cardio as a warm up then weights and then core followed by cardio as a cool down is what works best for me. I'm not saying this will be something that works for others because I don't know their situation and i know people who hate me will try and twist my words much like when i talk about my trauma or happiness. It's important to do the research for yourself rather than copying what may work for me. My workout routine will also have to be altered at some point, I'm a little nervous about it, I know I will make it work. I'm healthier and happier with myself for what I've achieved. I don't make up excuses and I can feel comfortable in my own skin now, especially when on the beach.

Don't forget to water your garden

°❀⋆.ೃ࿔*:・ʚɞ ⁺˖    ˖⁺ ʚɞ

Comments