Life lately.

Thursday 23 May 2024


In lockdown a lot of people discovered baking bread. I wasn't one of them in fact all i spent my time losing a lot of weight which I'm still very proud of as I've kept it off. At the end of last year I started looking into foods that would be better for me and my health and came across sourdough, I did loads of research and decided in January to start my own sourdough starter. If I failed it didn't matter too much because these things happen. My first starter went mouldy I was careless and Gizzy removed the cover from the top but my second starter has been thriving and growing for many months now. From then there have been Discard Loafs, Bagels, Loafs of bread and even cinnamon rolls that have all been made from this start, how cool is that!


I'm terrible with keeping up with this blog and i wont lie at times I just can't be bothered, I have been busy with working on my health and that has kind of taken centre stage of my life which can't be helped. So what have I been doing? Well I changed my diet to calorie deficit and have been losing weight at a good speed, it's helped me both mentally and physically. I also purchased a digital camera from the 90s to start a project with over the summer. The idea is to capture the world around in a different prospective, I'm aware you can create this with filters but it's just not the same.


I have started to post a lot more pictures on my instagram that has turned into a bustling burst of colour and beauty of all things I love in life that focuses on nature. I'm loving it and I don't think I will stop taking pictures anytime soon! I was also lucky enough to catch a glimpse of the aurora borealis not long ago when a solar storm made it visible, it was a once in a lifetime experience, one of which I never thought I would see in my life time. One of my best friends lives in Iceland and she has sent me some beautiful pictures of it before which were breath taking!


I also celebrated my 9 year anniversary with James, them years have flown by and they have been tough, but you know what? I love the life I have and wouldn't change it even if I had the chance, my experiences in life made me who I am today! I have a few plans in mind this summer, one-of which is to return to Polly joke and recreate an image James took of me now I've lost a lot more weight ( I will post it below), it's definitely a place I encourage people to visit if they're coming here on holiday! One of my plans is already in action, we bought a mini greenhouse and have a number of things growing inside now, the weather is still very iffy bringing out slugs and snails that I've been battling with though. I won't say too much on what I'm growing as I don't want to jinx it!


If you head on over to my TikTok you will find a lot more nature content, I don't know how but my content over there is a weird mixture of books, games and nature, I guess you could say that's what I love most in life. Talking of books, for my anniversary I was given the Fourth Wing books and I'm currently reading the first, hopefully won't take much longer to finish as I had to stop for a little while to get used to wearing glasses. I forget to mention, i have a beautiful new header courtesy of my sister (she does all my art) it's me as a mermaid with my signature pink space-buns, how cute is she!

All in all life is beautiful, i have my struggles daily but there isn't much I can do about that.

Don't forget to water your garden

°❀⋆.ೃ࿔*:・ʚɞ ⁺˖    ˖⁺ ʚɞ






Comments