The Mist - E.M.R

Sunday 26 September 2021


A few years ago I wrote a poem called "The Mist" it's something I go back and read because it was the darkest part of my life. I often think about how far I've come and how lucky I am to have a roof over my head and have my life heading in a better direction now than it ever has so I thought I would share it with you all.



The Mist

A dark hazy mist covers the swamp.

I push through, feeling my body slowly starting to sink.

I reach forward to see a rock I try to pull myself up with no luck.

The darkness starts to creep in filling the air with a deadly chill.

I see my breath in the ice cold air, eyes watching.

There is no escape, I've been taken.

E.M.R

This poem is so important to me due to writing it when I was at my lowest when I first lived here. My life has been turned around since then even though I have had an horrifc time lately. Poetry has been in my life since I was a little girl, when I was in primary school we had to write our own version of The Magic Box, mine was so good that it was featured in the school news letter, I have it in my childhood box somewhere! I would love to post more of my poetry on here for you all to see, especially since living in Cornwall has inspired me so much ♡



Comments